Chastity Pugs, Car Seats + Friday Links
This illustration by Gemma Correll made me laugh! We have a white, fluffy version of a chastity pug nicknamed “Briscoe the Abstinence Dog.” He usually sleeps in his dog bed on the floor of our bedroom, but sometimes he just wants to cuddle. His preferred spot? Right between me and JB, of course. In the middle of the night he’ll move to the foot of the bed on my side, and I’ll wake up with cramps in my legs from sleeping in the fetal position. God forbid I accidentally kick the dog in my sleep!
What do you have going on this weekend?
Tomorrow morning is my long-awaited haircut, and in the afternoon I’ll be live-tweeting two Graco events in honor of their latest SnugRide car seat launch. If you live locally, you should come out to the Omaha Babies R Us and be a part of the festivities. Graco will be giving away one free SnugRide Click Connect 40 (the only newborn to two-year infant car seat) at each session! Equally exciting, you’ll get to meet me!
If you’re unable to attend, you can still learn about the new SnugRide by following my tweets. I’ll be using the hashtag #GracoSafety.
Some interesting links for your Friday reading pleasure:
- Note to self: Take a yoga class. And then take another one. (via Jane)
- Quick! Somebody give me a reason to bake Cyd’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter cookies.
- I have daydreams about purging my house of things. Jules may be onto something with her 31 Days of William Morris project.
- Jordan demonstrates how to bob for donuts…from a tree.
- I love everything about Alice’s nursery, especially her reading and playing corner.
- Rebecca Minkoff’s Pumpkin Bread recipe looks easy enough!
I also write for Lifetime Moms:
PS: My NYC-dwelling sister is having a baby, and we need your help!